The IPSCJ hosted the UKs first national Citizens in Policing Summit on 21st July 2016.
The event, which was attended by national leads, Police and Crime Commissioners, Chief Constables and personnel from key partners from across the country, saw Chief Constable Dave Jones of North Yorkshire, the National Police Chiefs’ Council’s lead for Citizens in Policing, present on the new national Citizens in Policing strategy.
Alongside CC Jones’ keynote address, the IPSCJ showcased the results of its national survey of police volunteers – the first of its kind to be undertaken in the UK – while a number of other speakers discussed ideas around volunteering and the future of policing in the UK.
Click on the links below to view presentations from the Citizens in Policing Summit:
- CC Dave Jones – The New National Citizens In Policing Strategy
- Dave Huse – Learning from the 2012 Olympics- The Seven-Step Action Plan
- Supt Matt Lawler – Developing Police Volunteering
- Nigel Green – Creating An Integrated Workforce
- Tina Shelton – Employer Supported Policing
- IPSCJ – Evidence Based Policing Workshop
- Kate Algate – Our Neighbourhood Watch
- Andy Frost – Northamptonshire Police- Our Journey
- Katie Strudwick – Volunteer PCSOs in Lincolnshire
- Dave Hill – EMPAC Overview